|Position:||DB2 DBA (Ref: 7356)|
|Duration:||1 Years 1 Months 15 Days - Contract|
Description:We are seeking a DB2 DBA who will serve in the capacity of a Database Administrator and will communicate a well-defined vision of how IT and the business will align and make sure that everyone if following the same principles, methodologies, and support activities. The specific focus of this candidate will be to ensure that new systems are built in a way that best ensures that functional requirements are met whilst also ensuring that service qualities (Performance, scalability, extensibility, maintainability, security, interoperability) for now and for the future are achievable. In addition, this role is responsible for reviewing and improving on existing systems, and methodologies to seek continual improvement for existing systems. The candidate will participate in the design and development activities in support of the continued development and maintenance of the applications. The specific focus of this candidate will be the key DB2 production support.
• Responsible for supporting the IBM Mainframe (Batch) environment as well as ongoing responsibilities as a mainframe (COBOL/DB2) senior programmer/analyst.
• Ensure the continuity of technical activities according to published planning guidance and to provide technical implementation guidance relative to the mainframe DB2 environment.
• Participate in certain design, development and maintenance activities in support of the DB2 Environment.
• Analyzes and documents requirements for information systems;
• Develops and/or oversees plans for automated data processing systems from project inception to conclusion;
• Constructs data models and activity/process models as may be required to define system functions;
• Coordinates closely with the Application Development and Application Support Managers, Business Analysis or peer Programmers to ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications;
• Develops, in conjunction with functional user’s alternative solutions;
• Provides support for the installation, testing, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of batch systems;
• Tests, debugs, and refines the computer software to produce the required product;
• Prepares required documentation, including both program-level, user-level and system documentation and finally, enhances software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
• Conduct and document the results of special studies dealing with systems and/or business process issues;
• Analyze functional business applications and creates design specifications for developing programs;
• Develop block diagrams and logic flow charts, and translates detailed design into computer software.
• Design and development of the data and architecture of DB2 systems and Mainframe system
• Provide analysis/requirements to integrate applications.
• Work on all phases of SDLC and create/maintain required technical documentation.
• Assist in the preparation of Quality Assurance planning related to RDBMS processes.
• Assist to develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, integration, disaster recovery and implementation of data services.
• Assist in migration and integration of data and processes from legacy systems to new applications and new technologies.
• Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver business and technical value.
• Must be very organized, pro-active and self-directed. Must be able to perform with minimal supervision.
• Must have very strong abstract thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Must have very good verbal and written communication skills.
• Work with the Application Development Manager and Application Support Manager to establish goals while meeting requirements of projects.
• Work with management to supply input for key design and architecture decisions, as well as work estimation and resource planning.
• Provide guidance to team members.
• Assures the complementary synthesis of all standards, models, designs and methodologies with the Architect Team.
• Takes proactive escalation of probable system problems or design flaws to upper management before serious impact on ROI.
• Acts as evangelist / emissary of the DB2 work and recommendations of the architecture team.
• Coordinates with the other team members on issues dealing with the quality flaws of the existing standards, especially security and performance issues.
• Ensures that the Technology Partners and teams adhere to the principles established by the Architecture Team.
• Responsible for communicating vision, strategy, and methodology to management.
• Makes sure the right modeling, design, implementation is being done, to know that qualities like performance are going to be met.
• Make sure that the architecture is not only the right one for operations, but also for deployment and sustainment.
• Reviews and assists in defining the QA and UAT Configuration for Environments.
• Interfaces with the design and implementation teams, so that any problems arising during design or implementation can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, and user needs and constraints.
• Ensures that a maximally robust design is developed.
• Design database solutions to satisfy application (business and technical) requirements.
• Provide operational support for development and production database systems.
• Provide written status reports to management regarding project status, task, and issues/risks.
• Ability to interact with other team members and collaborate on operation requirements
• Experience as an application DBA in support of a client server software application. Including functional knowledge of: Functional knowledge of DB2 version 10+, including: Catalog Tables, Load/Unload Utilities, Runstats, Explain Utility, Plan/Package Concepts, Bind/Rebind and DBRM.
• Experience in IBM DB2 relational database environments supporting two-tier and n-tier client server software applications.
• Experience in the development and maintenance of batch COBOL systems, including COBOL/DB2 integration in the MVS/TSO environment.
• Design, development and performance tuning of relational database query scripts (SQL).
• Experience with the following tools: IBM ISFP environment, IBM utilities, JCL, TSO/ISPF, Panvalet, SQL/Embedded SQL, Xpediter, SyncSort and FileAid.
• Experience with DB2 support tools: QMF, SPUFI and FileAid for DB2
• Implementation and support of child welfare software applications and specifically, the systems.
• Leading small groups of technical mainframe developers.
• Provides technical support over a team of mainframe developers to ensure the technical appropriateness of proposed modifications supporting the application solutions.
• Assists the Application Support Manager in coordinating activities related to each quarter’s software development lifecycle.
• Acts as the DB2 database administrator (DBA) for the purposes of maintaining the physical structure of the DB2 environments, basic performance tuning, consulting with the development staff on changes to the structure of the database and troubleshooting.
• Serves as a liaison to coordinate support activities related to the mainframe or DB2 environments.
• Coordinates the mainframe change control.
• Ensures DB2 environment is highly available, performant, and secure.
• Works on decommissioning of DB2 and mainframe in order to support the Program.
Required / Desired Skills
- COBOL (Required 5 Years)
- Data center management (Required 5 Years)
- Data Modeling (Required 5 Years)
- DB2 (Required 5 Years)
- Database Administration (DBA) (Required 5 Years)
- IBM DB2 UDB (Required 5 Years)
- JDBC (Required 5 Years)
- SQL (Required 5 Years)
copyright @ www.ProfessionalTechIntegration.com.2011 All rights reserved